We are sorry but this item is out of stock
• Edition Size: 2500
• Item Size: 8 x 7" x 24.5"
• Official replica of Kermit the Frog puppet used for still photo shoots.
• Made from the original Kermit pattern and stitched to replicate Henson Stitch Sewing.
• Created from the same fleece, micro fiber and froggy green felt used on the original Kermit.
• Fully posable, with mouth expression and full articulation in neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, ankles and fingers.
• Comes with a custom display stand and numbered plaque.
It’s not that easy being green. But you sure wouldn’t know it by the celebrated and sensationally inspirational career of the one and only Kermit the Frog. It seems like only yesterday that Kermit got his start on a local television show called “Sam & Friends,” before growing by leaps and hops into the world’s most famous amphibian. In fact, it’s been 50 years since Kermit’s creator, Jim Henson, changed the world with Kermit and his Muppet pals.
In truth, Kermit wasn’t always a frog. Fashioned from a coat belonging to Jim Henson’s mother, with two halves of a ping-pong ball for his eyes, Kermit was originally more lizard than frog like. At first, he had no flippers or collar, but over the years, he became “frogified” according to Henson. The rest is history.
Kermit is a classic Muppet hand-and-rod-operated puppet, one of the simplest kinds of puppets. And yet, it is that very simplicity which makes him so expressive and such an endearing extension of Henson’s personality. For still photo shoots, puppets like Kermit were built without hand openings and with wire armatures that allowed possibility, so as to capture that unique Muppet attitude.